Academic Coaching / Tutoring
SAT / ACT / AIMS Test Prep
1. CONSULTATION: We come to your home for a free consultation. We want to understand the student‘s academic needs, personality and their learning style. The tutor will combine information from you, the school, teachers and other professionals, to create an tutoring/coaching plan and set realistic goals.
2. TUTOR: Your tutor will come to your home and work with your student according the goals established at the consultation. Some students need homework help and a recap of concepts taught in school. Some students will need assistance with missed building blocks.
3. REPORT: We will provide progress reports for each tutoring session. These reports help parents stay in tune with how their student is progressing.
Academic Coaching Process
1. CONSULTATION: We come to your home for a free consultation. We want to know what the goals are for the student and where they are now in their academic journey. Most parents want their student to achieve higher so that they are eventually taking honors or college level classes by their senior year in high school. The goals that will be set will be agressive but realistic for the student.
2. COACHING: Your coach will come to your home and work with your student according the goals established at the consultation. Most coaching will involve additional homework and worksheets to master fundamentals and sustain motivation to work at a higher level.
3. REPORT: We will provide progress reports for each coaching session. These reports help parents stay in tune with how their student is progressing.
SAT/ACT Test Prep
This class is recommended for college-bound juniors and seniors planning to take the SAT/ACT. Almost all undergraduate colleges and universities require that prospective students take the SAT/ACT. Taking this course will prepare students for all question types found on the exams. We will analyze each of the test question areas and give special consideration to verbal refreshers and techniques aimed at relieving test-taking anxiety.
With the increased cost of college, receiving scholarships has become very important. The competition is growing and good grades are not the only requirement. Test scores will help your student become eligible for more scholarships. A test prep class is a small investment to ensure that money is not an issue while your student is in college.